Monday, January 4, 2010

Outdoor Cooking Stoves How Did Grilling/outdoor Cooking Become A "man Thing," While Indoor Cooking Is "women's Work?"

How did grilling/outdoor cooking become a "man thing," while indoor cooking is "women's work?" - outdoor cooking stoves

Now begins the hot and grilling are done, I thought of asking a question about something I noticed.

Traditionally, the indoor kitchen has always been considered "women's work". But the grilling and frying always seemed to be regarded as something predominantly male. The gratings are written out men, but inside kitchen appliances like ovens and sinks are frequently awarded to women.

I live in Mississippi, a place where things say it's a great thing, and nothing can not remember them all, I see a woman grilling. I'm not stupid enough to believe that this will not happen, and I may have forgotten, but I do not remember it myself. My dad is always what grates on my family. Do not think my mother knows how it works. My mother is the typical home cook, but my father did something to him.

Since joining GWS I know a lot of gender stereotypes in life and one that I saw recently.

1 comment:

theshado... said...

I had this conversation with some of the PPL. One theory suggests that in prehistoric times when men hunted for meat and drag around the house and cook over a fire. I assume that a link is below the awareness of masculinity, has in modern times, the grid is divided.

Post a Comment